Thursday 27 January 2011

Mega! on my Bangor feeder list - 27th January 2011

Ok so maybe not a Mega (I'm not expecting a crowd of thousands to descend on the Ffriddoedd halls of residence) but for me, a Siskin is one of those birds that can make a day worthwhile. I don't think nature has produced a great deal of organisms that are prettier than a male Siskin.
Walking into the kitchen to make myself a brew, I noticed this little gem of a female Siskin sat on the sunflower hearts. To be perfectly honest, it was more of a shock to see a bird sat there as the Great and Blue Tits do not stick around for long!


Update - five minute after the orignal post, 5 Chaffinch (4 males) descended on the feeders which are another first.

Once again, I apologise for the mundane posting of late, but that is because i've not exactly been far afield so far in 2011. At least i'm getting chance to appreciate the more common birds and realise how nice some of them really are. (The Blue Tit above for example. If that was a 1st for Britain, 1000's of birders would want to see it. It's gorgeous!)

2 comments:

Lancashire and Lakeland Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

1000's Zac? Over 1000 went to the SBG..Blue Tit would probably pull millions if were a 'first'.
Siskins are very very nice...I like em, just don't see enough of em at Base Camp!!!

Cheers

Davo

Phil Slade said...

Eureka!