Thursday 17 September 2015

Black-necked Grebe - Fairhaven Lake - 17th September 2015





 Popped over to Fairhaven this morning with the hope that the Black-necked Grebe found in recent days was as showy as the other grebes and divers have traditionally been. Whilst I was pleased with the views and photos I got, it wasn't quite as tame/oblivious as the others, but that didn't make the experience any less enjoyable. That lake really is a magnet for showy 'sea' birds!
Little Grebe and Black-necked Grebe

1 comment:

S S Cheema said...

Beautiful pictures of Grebe. I am from India and have five varieties of Grebe. The little Grebe being the smallest and the most common here. I am adding your blog link if you do not mind. My blog where you can see your linked blog is http://cheemablog.blogspot.com